[R] R programming

Andersson, Henrik H.Andersson at nioo.knaw.nl
Tue Mar 2 12:15:21 CET 2004

I have been using R for a few months to plot my data, and fit
statistical models and so on.

It is stated that R is not only a package for statistcs and graphics but
also a programming language.

Currently I am working with Fortran 90 to do numerical simulations (1D
reactive -transport), and subsequently visualize it in some external
software (spreadsheet). As I now started using R I will plot my results
using R, but my question is:

Could I use R as a replacement for the Fortran program, or is
programming in R more restricted?

E.g. is it possible to use subroutines in R?

If you think programming in R is great and you have some documentation,
please point me to it.

Thanks, Henrik Andersson
Henrik Andersson
Netherlands Institute of Ecology -