[R] Publication quality graphs

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Mar 3 23:03:16 CET 2004

"Sivakumar Mohandass" <srivas at k-state.edu> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> A journal in which we wanted our manuscript published requires the
> figures as a tiff, eps or PowerPoint formated. I tried converting .jpeg
> files to these formats but it looses its quality both on the screen and
> on paper. Could some one please help.

The postscript() device will do EPS, as will dev.copy2eps(). In fact,
almost all graphics in Introductory Statistics with R were done with

X11(height=3.5,width=4.4,pointsize=8)
par(mar=c(4,4,3,2)+.1)

and then (e.g.)

plot(height,weight)
dev.copy2eps(file="h-w.ps")

(plus a epstopdf step, but you wouldn't need that)