[R] reading binary file with different modes

Angel Lopez angel_lul at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 20:41:55 CET 2004

I have a binary file representing a matrix with columns of different
variable type/mode (i.e. the file was saved from C using double and int
variables)
I want to import it into R, I've been reading the R Import/Export and I
am able to use readBin for a file that contains only one variable type
(either all doubles or all ints) but I can not find the way to use it
when you have a file with mixture of the two.
Could somebody point me to a solution or appropiatte reference?
Thanks,
Angel