[R] Map of British Colonial America 1775

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Mar 11 10:23:54 CET 2004

      Thanks for the reply.  I still didn't understand after reading the
documentation, but the following examples resolved the questions for me:

library(mapdata)
tst <- map("worldHires", "UK:Bermuda")

      This produced a 57-point polygon from R 1.8.1 (vs. the 83 point
polygon from S-Plus 6.2 mentioned previously).  To get evn more
resolution, I tried the following:

tst0 <- map("worldHires", "UK:Bermuda", res=0)

      This produced a 91-point polygon from R 1.8.1, which matches what
I got from "tst0 <- map("worldHires", "UK:Bermuda", res=0)" in S-Plus.

      Thanks again,
      Spencer Graves