[R] Installation on Windows XP

Bickel, David DAVID.BICKEL at PIONEER.COM
Wed May 5 16:46:18 CEST 2004

R never gave me any serious problems until I tried to use it on Windows XP. I had 1.8.1 installed and working successfully for a few weeks. This morning when I launched it, I received this error message: "R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I downloaded 1.9.0 and installed it, but when I launch it, I get this message: "Fatal error: Invalid HOMEDRIVE."

I would appreciate any assistance.

-Dave
David Bickel
http://davidbickel.com

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and ...{{dropped}}