[R] axis labels disappear

Angel Lopez angel_lul at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 14:38:22 CEST 2004

When I do a plot, e.g.
plot(1:10)
and resize the window so that the x-axis becomes too small to hold all
the x-axis labels, R automatically makes some of the labels disappear so
that the remaining fit in the available space.
I would like to be able to tell R which labels should not be removed.

I've tried plotting the axis with axis() but this behaviour is still there.
plot(1:10,xaxt="n")
axis(side=1,at=1:10,labels=c("1","","","","5","","","","","10"))

In my case when I resize the window first the "10" disappears and the
the "5". Also if I start the graph with a 'small' window (e.g.
X11(width=3,height=3) I do not get the "10".
Is there a way to force that these labels are not removed automatically?

I've searched the documentation but couldn't find any reference, Could
anyone point me to the right documentation for this feature?
Thanks
Angel