[R] "privileged slots",

Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Thu May 27 19:12:10 CEST 2004

Hi!

Everyone knew that there are some more and less official documents.
And there are tons of things that are "more, more more and a little less".
Thanks god that this time this "more and less" is so less that its not worthwhile to make fuss about.

But this document is quite intersting.

I have just two R questions which arised reading the document which a core members of the R-project cant find.
1. Is it intended to introduce privileged slots in the future version of R?
2. Is it true that one can gain execution speed by accessing slots using the function slots(object,name,check=FALSE)<-value
would speed up execution?

Sincerely
Eryk