[R] Rmetrics New Built

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Mon May 31 20:29:52 CEST 2004

> > > If the Linux and Mac OSX builds are successfully done, I will submit
> > > the packages to the CRAN server.
> >
> > all four of the packages successfully build on Debian unstable - no
> > errors, nor warnings.  this is a Good Thing.  I would guesstimate that
>
> Ah, thanks, good to know. Did you try 'R CMD check' too, for good
> measure?

good idea.  doing that reveals the following.  dirk, most of this is for
your reference as a repackager, so that you know what dependencies will
have to be met for useful debian packages.  :)  there are also some
problems that become evident with the packages...

1) fBasics requires package "date"

after i fixed the date package dependency, i get this error from R check:

Running examples in fBasics-Ex.R failed.
The error most likely occurred in:

> ### * B1-ghypDistribution
>
> flush(stderr()); flush(stdout())

2) fExtremes requires packages "evd" and "ismev"

after fixing those two dependencies, R CMD check produces the following
output:

* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
        .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking for replacement functions with final arg not named 'value' ...
WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
        .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
        .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking Rd files ... WARNING
Rd files with non-standard keywords:
  'man/C3-gpdglmFit.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/C1-gpdFamily.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/C6-rlargFit.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/C5-ppFit.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/B1-gevFamily.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/Z1-fExtremesTools.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/B4-mdaPlots.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/B2-gevFit.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/D1-exindexPlots.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/C4-potFit.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/A2-getExtremes.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/B3-gevglmFit.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/A1-evPlots.Rd': fExtremes
  'man/C2-gpdFit.Rd': fExtremes
Each '\keyword' entry should specify one of the standard keywords (as
listed in file 'KEYWORDS.db' in the 'doc' subdirectory of the R home
directory).
See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
Extensions'.
* checking for missing documentation entries ... ERROR
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :

3) fOptions documentation needs work?

* checking Rd files ... WARNING
Rd files with non-standard keywords:
  'man/D2-MonteCarloOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/C2-HestonNandiOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/B2-MultAssetsOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/B5-BinaryOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/C1-hngarchFit.Rd': fOptions
  'man/A2-BasicAmericanOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/Z1-fOptionsTools.Rd': fOptions
  'man/B1-MultExercisesOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/D1-LowDiscrepancy.Rd': fOptions
  'man/B3-LookbackOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/A3-BinomialTreeOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/B6-AsianOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/B4-BarrierOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/A1-PlainVanillaOptions.Rd': fOptions
  'man/B7-FXTransOptions.Rd': fOptions
Each '\keyword' entry should specify one of the standard keywords (as
listed in file 'KEYWORDS.db' in the 'doc' subdirectory of the R home
directory).

4) fSeries:

Packages required but not available:
  mda polspline

fixed these dependencies on my local system - no biggie - then from R
CMD check got:

* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
        .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking for replacement functions with final arg not named 'value' ...
WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
        .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :
        .First.lib failed
Execution halted
* checking Rd files ... WARNING
Rd files with non-standard keywords:
  'man/D1-fSeriesData.Rd': fSeries
  'man/Z1-fSeriesTools.Rd': fSeries
  'man/B2-lmTests.Rd': fSeries
  'man/B1-regressionModelling.Rd': fSeries
  'man/C3-rollingAnalysis.Rd': fSeries
  'man/A4-randomInnovations.Rd': fSeries
  'man/A3-garchModelling.Rd': fSeries
  'man/C2-benchmarkAnalysis.Rd': fSeries
  'man/A2-armaStatistics.Rd': fSeries
  'man/A1-armaModelling.Rd': fSeries
  'man/A5-tseriesTests.Rd': fSeries
  'man/C1-technicalAnalysis.Rd': fSeries
Each '\keyword' entry should specify one of the standard keywords (as
listed in file 'KEYWORDS.db' in the 'doc' subdirectory of the R home
directory).
See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in manual 'Writing R
Extensions'.
* checking for missing documentation entries ... ERROR
Error in .tryQuietly({ : Error in library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc,
character.only = TRUE, verbose = FALSE) :

methinks that some things may not be quite right just yet - even though
the builds of individual packages complete successfully.

Diethelm, consider this an extended bug report...  :)

> > they should build trivially on OSX as well, but i'm at home today [in
> > the US, today is Memorial day - a sort of low-key holiday when people
> > tend to have picnics and things] and have no intention of driving to
> > campus...
> >
> > maybe you can sucker Dirk into packaging them for Debian and getting
> > them into the system there?  :)
>
> That has of course been the plan all along, for both Debian and
> Quantian.

hooray!  i'm sure many people are glad to hear this.

> I'm a little behind on a few other things, but knowing that these build
> out of the box may well move them up the priority queue :)

it looks like the emergent issues may be the same across the four
packages.  perhaps Diethelm has thoughts?

thanks,

elijah