[R] Using GNU R on a two box "cluster"

Thomas Schönhoff tom_woody at swissinfo.org
Sun Nov 7 11:42:33 CET 2004

Hello,

right now I'm thinking about running R 2.0.0 on box A (Debian SID) but
at the same time having access to the ressources of box B (Ubuntu
Linux) regarding disk capacity, RAM, idle CPU cycles . Is there anyone
of you that has already installed and administred such a tiny (home
based) cluster?

Well, the term cluster seems quite a bit of an exaggeration related to
what I am looking for!

I am absolutely new to this subject and I would appreciate some hints
on where to start doing such things with my GNU R on both boxes. Maybe
a pointer too some introductory materials focussed to doing clustering
stuff with GNU R would be sufficient.
Are there any recommended methods or tools to realize a two nodes cluster?

regards

Thomas