[R] R works on Fedora Core 3

Martyn Plummer plummer at iarc.fr
Wed Nov 10 09:19:06 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 19:47, Jonathan Baron wrote:
> On 11/09/04 20:37, Jari Oksanen wrote:
> >
> >On 9 Nov 2004, at 19:44, Jonathan Baron wrote:
> >
> >> The RPM for Fedora Core 2 seems to work just fine on Core 3.
> >>
> >> (The graphics window got smaller, but I'm sure there is a setting
> >> for that.)
> >>
> >That would be good news. I really don't know how the graphics window
> >became so big at some stage. (MacOS X is just cute here: tiny, sharp,
> >fast graphics window.)
>
> I have the opposite problem, a 1680x1050 display.
>
> >Has the options()printcmd reappeared, so that dev.print() works without
> >changing default options?
>
> I can't imagine how this would change.  This is the same "old"
> RPM, not a new one.  The option is there, and I don't think it
> ever disappeared.  I can't test it.  This is my laptop, which is
> not set up to print anything.

My mistake.  The default print command is determined at configure time.
But the RedHat RPMS are built in a sandbox that has only the minimal
configuration needed to build R. This doesn't include the lpr package so
the default print command is null. I will fix this in the next RPM
release, but right now I am upgrading to FC3.

Martyn