[R] How to know if a bug was recognised

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Tue Nov 30 14:01:55 CET 2004

This will not answer your question on what is a bug or not, but if you don't
know, the "R team" has kindly made a fix for this problem. What I remember
from an earlier thread, this was not really due to R, but to Windows. For
the latest R v2.0.1 patch it now seems to work as before/expected:

R : Copyright 2004, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.0.1 Patched (2004-11-27), ISBN 3-900051-07-0

> "Ã¥"
[1] "Ã¥"
> "ä"
[1] "ä"