[R] Background color Windows device (newbie)

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Oct 1 14:13:14 CEST 2004

What you should realize is that xYplot() uses lattice, and that color theme
is the default for lattice.  trellis.device() has the `theme' argument that
you can use to change it.  The help page explains how you can change the
default:

   theme: list of components that change the settings of the device
          opened, or, a function that when called produces such a list.
          The function name can be supplied as a quoted string.

          A possible use of this argument is to change the default
          settings at session startup, for example by setting
          'options(lattice.theme = "col.whitebg")'. If 'theme' is a
          function, it will not be supplied any arguments, however, it
          is guaranteed that a device will already be open when it is
          called, so one may use '.Device' inside the function to
          ascertain what device has been opened.

Andy