[R] dev.print and win.print

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 1 14:44:36 CEST 2004

Just format your plot suitably and select on the Windows driver portrait
or landscape orientation.

The rotation in the Windows device driver to landscape is exactly what
postscript does for horizontal = TRUE (the default).  It's just that
Unix print commands do not have rotation built in (in general), so
postscript() does.

I think a lot of this comes about because by default S-PLUS graphics
devices are landscape format, whereas R ones are square.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk