[R] Problem with RMySQL-0.5-3.zip/R 2.0.0 on Windows XP

vha@comcast.net vha at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 20:24:40 CEST 2004

Thank you very much, David. I installed the compiled RMySQL zip package and it works fine now.

Witold Eryk Wolski also suggested the following way to get around having to recompile.

<quote>
In the package directory is directory called meta. There are some *.rds
files generated I during the build, preparing the package for lazy eval.
(see last Rnew BDRipleys article)
copy package.rds nad Rd.rds from any of the packages build for R2.0.0 to
the meta directory. This should solve your problem.
</quote>

This however did not work for me. I can load the library ok, but when I make a call to dbDriver, I got a complain about dbiDriver.

Vu~