[R] glmmPQL correlation structure

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at MUOhio.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:54:15 CEST 2004

Running Mac OS 10.3.5 and R 2.0
Does glmmPQL use the same spatial dependence models as gls in nmle? It
does not seem to - I get the following, for example:
 > m2 <- glmmPQL(S.Early ~ fertilized*watered, data=geodat,
family="poisson", random=~1|col)
iteration 1
iteration 2
 > plot(Variogram(m2, form=~col+row))
 > m3 <- update(m2,correlation=corSpher(c(5,.5), form=~col+row,
nugget=T))
iteration 1
Error in model.frame(formula, rownames, variables, varnames, extras,
extranames,  :
	invalid variable type

Any leads on how to specify exponential or spherical models would be
appreciated (e.g., pageg or chapter in Venables and Ripley 2002).

Cheers,
Hank

Dr. Martin Henry H. Stevens, Assistant Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056