[R] Interface between R and Perl

pbrouilly@gphy.campus.univ-poitiers.fr pbrouilly at gphy.campus.univ-poitiers.fr
Thu Sep 30 10:39:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have made a GUI in PerlTk and I would use R within perl.
I actually try to install RSPerl but I have some problems during the compilation

In order to call R from perl I use actually an other system based on the OPEN
command in perl.
It works fine but when I tried to call the fonction plot() of R from perl the
plot do not appears and a file named plot.ps is generated.
Unfortunalelly, my plot is dynamic (I also use the identify() command) so I
can't integrate this plot as an jpeg image for example.

My question is :
Is there a solution to call the plot() and identify() R commands from perl in
order to have a dynamic plot ??
can RSPerl do this or not ??
If it can I will spend more time to install it.... but it looks hard

Thank you very much and excuse me for my english :-)