[R] abline() with xyplot()

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 12 15:07:52 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 07:38, Chloe ARCHINARD wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm a new user on R, and I used the abline function to draw a line on
> my graph but it doesn't work with xyplot(). With the plot function,
> abline() is ok but with plot it doesn't make what I want. Maybe it's
> a little thing to change in plot() but I don't find what! With xyplot
> I write this :
> Xyplot(m~ordered(l,levels=1),
> type="b",xlab="lagdist",ylab="Moran'I",lty=1,lwd=2,cex=1.5,pch=pch)
> Abline(h=0,lty=2)

I'm not aware of anything called 'Xyplot' or 'Abline' (note that R is
case sensitive).

> There's no error message but no line too.
> If someone see my error or know how to do, thanks in advance.

'xyplot' is part of a graphics system that is different from standard R
graphics. If you want to use it, you first need to learn how.
help(Lattice) has some pointers that should get you started.

In this case, you probably want something like

xyplot(m ~ ordered(l, levels=1),
       type="b", xlab="lagdist",
       ylab="Moran'I", lty=1, lwd=2,
       cex=1.5, pch=pch,