[R] pstoedit

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 14 09:12:07 CEST 2005

  > On 13-Apr-05 Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
  >> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, BORGULYA [iso-8859-2] Gábor wrote:
  >>
  >>> Has onyone experience with "pstoedit"
  >>> (http://www.pstoedit.net/pstoedit)
  >>> to convert eps graphs generated by R on Linux to Windows
  >>> formats (WMF or EMF)? Does this way work? Is there an other,
  >>> better way?
  >>
  >> You can only do that using pstoedit on Windows.
  >> ^^^^^^^^^^

  > Well, I have pstoedit on Linux and with

  >   pstoedit -f emf infile.eps outfile.emf

  > I get what is claimed to be "Enhanced Windows metafile"
  > and which can be imported into Word (though then it is
  > subsequently somewhat resistant to editing operations,
  > such as rotating if it's the wrong way up).

I always use

pstoedit -f xfig $1 $figfile
fig2dev -L emf $figfile $outfile

on Linux (Debian's pstoedit seems not to support emf). Doesn't work
for all graphics, but in most cases it does, and when it works I get
something I can fully edit in Word, i.e., I can change the text of
axis labels, move points etc.

HTH,
Fritz

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch