[R] grubbs.test

Dave Evens devens8765 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 15:34:03 CEST 2005

Dear All,

I have small samples of data (between 6 and 15) for
numerious time series points. I am assuming the data
for each time point is normally distributed. The
problem is that the data arrvies sporadically and I
would like to detect the number of outliers after I
have six data points for any time period. Essentially,
I would like to detect the number of outliers when I
have 6 data points then test whether there are any
ouliers. If so, remove the outliers, and wait until I
have at least 6 data points or when the sample size
increases and test again whether there are any
outliers. This process is repeated until there are no
more data points to add to the sample.

Is it valid to use the grubbs.test in this way?

If not, are there any tests out there that might be
appropriate for this situation? Rosner's test required
that I have at least 25 data points which I don't
have.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Dave