[R] RODBC odbcCloseAll odbcClose Windows XP

Jason Fisher stormplot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:15:54 CEST 2005

Hello...

After installing the precompiled version of R 2.1.0 (congratulations
to the R Development Core Team) for Windows XP (Service Pack 2), I'm
having problems with the "odbcCloseAll" and "odbcClose" functions
within the "RODBC" package.  I get pretty much the same error message
for both functions:

odbcCloseAll() produces:
Error in .Call("RODBCCloseAll", PACKAGE = "RODBC") :
        "C" function name not in DLL for package 'RODBC'

odbcClose(channel) produces:
Error in .Call("RODBCClose", attr(channel, "handle_ptr"), PACKAGE = "RODBC") :
        "C" function name not in DLL for package 'RODBC'

Implementation of the two functions in previous versions of R worked flawlessly.

Thank you,

Jason Fisher