[R] survreg with numerical covariates

Ales Ziberna ales.ziberna at guest.arnes.si
Wed Apr 27 09:15:15 CEST 2005

As you can se from the example bellow, survreg works prefeclty fine with
numerical values. (I'm runing R2.0.1 on WinXP(SP2) and 32bit AMD with
survival version 2.17.).

As the posting guide asks, plese provide a small example.

Ales Ziberna

> library(survival)
> data(cancer)
> survreg(Surv(time, status)~age,data=cancer)
Call:
survreg(formula = Surv(time, status) ~ age, data = cancer)

Coefficients:
(Intercept)         age
 6.88712062 -0.01360829

Scale= 0.7587515

Loglik(model)= -1151.9   Loglik(intercept only)= -1153.9
        Chisq= 3.91 on 1 degrees of freedom, p= 0.048
n= 228