[R] normality test

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Apr 28 18:26:02 CEST 2005

This is false. You do not need to fit anything to "derive mean and sd."
Perhaps you have not clearly stated what you mean.

>You probably have noticed that
> I'm quite new
> to statistics, but I'm working on that...
>
> Pieter

And you want to use Bayesian methods?!

I would strongly recommend that you seek a competent statistician to work
with. To paraphrase Frank Harrell (with appropriate apologies for
misattribution, if necessary), correspondence courses in brain surgery are
not a good idea.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box