[R] normality test

Pieter Provoost pieterprovoost at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:28:13 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berton Gunter" <gunter.berton at gene.com>
To: "'Pieter Provoost'" <pieterprovoost at gmail.com>;
<R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:26 PM
Subject: RE: [R] normality test

The Bayesian methods I (will) use are implemented in the modelling
environment I'm using (FEMME). I'm supervised by the person that developed
the environment, and she asked me to fit a normal or lognormal distribution
to the observed data. The parameters of that distribution will then be used
for the Bayesian analysis. So I suppose my supervisor knows what very well
what she's doing, even though I don't (well... not yet).

http://www.nioo.knaw.nl/CEMO/FEMME/Index.htm (the Bayesian inference is a
recent addition and therefore not discussed in the manual)

Pieter