[R] Digest reading is tedious

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 9 22:47:35 CEST 2005

    Trevor> Like many, I am sure, I get R-Help in digest
    Trevor> form. Its easy enough to browse the subject lines,
    Trevor> but then if an entry interests you, you have to
    Trevor> embark on this tedious search or scroll to find it.
    Trevor> It would be great to have a "clickable" digest,
    Trevor> where the topics list is a set of pointers, and
    Trevor> clicking on a topic takes you to that entry. I can
    Trevor> think of at least one way to do this via web pages,
    Trevor> but I bet those with more web skills than me can
    Trevor> come up with an elegant solution.

But that has been an option in mailman, the software behind our
mailing lists  --- for ages ---

I'm astonished none of the funny responses would mention this,
and I'm further astonished I have to explain such simple things
to such smart people ;-)

Please open the URL at the end of every message
go to the bottom  and "log in"  -- clicking the [Unsubscribe or Edit Options]
field.  You need your mailing list password sooner or later.
The one you get sent every 1st of the month; or you can have it
sent to you again.

Then you are in a page entitled
     "R-help Membership Configuration for  <foo>@<bar"
Scroll down to the section