[R] Digest reading is tedious

Adrian Dusa adi at roda.ro
Fri Aug 12 12:34:45 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 23:47, Martin Maechler wrote:

>     Trevor> [...snip...]
>
> But that has been an option in mailman, the software behind our
> mailing lists  --- for ages ---
>
> [...snip...]
> I hope this helps,
> Martin

I use MIME for digest reading, with KMail under SuSE 9.2. The way I get the
digest is a list of encapsulated messages. There is, however, a tedious
things: the encapsulated messages are not numbered...
(so I still have to scroll down to find a particular message, guessing the
right place where it might be; odd enough, there is no "Find text" inside a
message in KMail).

If there's any option in KMail to split the digest into threaded messages, I
couldn't find it. I tried to figure out how to use procmail and formail but
is too complex for a regular user.

Is it possible to get numbered encapsulated messages?
TIA,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa