[R] RGUI crash when opening script in XP Home enviroment

Knut Krueger admin at biostatistic.de
Wed Aug 10 12:38:04 CEST 2005

Prof Brian Ripley schrieb:

>This is not the place to report reproducible faults: please see the
>posting guide and send a complete bug report to the appropriate place.
>(Let alone three followups from Duncan Mackay!)

Thank´s for the hint I sent the error (including the following url) to
the Bug tracing system, but I also thought that the user here should
know how to prevent the error.
I lost a lot of time with rewriting scripts which were not saved before
I opened a new one until I realized the reason of this.

>However, as I don't know what the `open file button' is, I cannot
>reproduce it.  Is this MDI or SDI mode,

Sorry about this, but I don not know the difference and I do not know
what the shortcuts are standing for

>and if the former is this using
>the icon on the toolbar, whose tooltip says it is `open script'?

Yes this one but not the 'file -> open script'
line

>Please make clear in your report if this one or two problems, i.e. is the
>`not closing completely' only after the error?

The report with screen prints is available (I'm sorry that it is a
German operating system):
http://www.biostatistic.de/forum/messages/2291/2350.html

I hope this is clarifying the open questions

with regards
Knut Krueger
http://www.biostatistic.de