[R] power of a matrix

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Aug 17 14:37:59 CEST 2005

"Rau, Roland" <Rau at demogr.mpg.de> writes:

> Thank you very much! Thanks also to the authors of this function,
> Vincente Canto Cassola and Martin Maechler!
>
> This is exactly what I hoped for.
> > look at function ?mtx.exp() in the Malmig package, e.g.,

Also, there is mexp() in the Matrix package. I'm not sure about the
relative merits. mexp() is one of the less dubious implementations of
matrix exponentials, but it does require to and from class "Matrix".
mtx.exp is a bit unfortunately named as it appears to calculate matrix
*powers* (which in this case is what you need).

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B