[R] power of a matrix

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Aug 18 05:47:03 CEST 2005

Hi, Peter:

	  I couldn't find "mexp" in the Matrix package, but I did find it in
fMultivar and in Lindsey's rmutil.  These are different functions, but
produced essentially the same answer for mexp(array(1:4, dim=c(2,2))).
While hunting for that, I also also found reference by Doug Bates in a
reading":

  Moler C., van Loan C., (2003); _Nineteen dubious ways to compute
      the exponential of a matrix,  twenty-five years later_, SIAM
      Review 45, 3-49.

	  This paper was cited in the help page for mexp in fMultivar but not
in rmutil.

	  spencer graves

--
Spencer Graves, PhD