[R] translating output ( latex()....)

Anne anne.piotet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:51:57 CEST 2005

Dear R-helpers

I need to produce statistical output where the annotations are in
French (and from time to time in German). I produce plots/tables using
extensively the latex() , summary.formula() ...functions of Hmisc
which allows me for nice print-out. Up to now I "corrected" manually
my latex code , replacing such headings as "missing" by "valeur
manquante" etc. Is there a (simple) way of updating the R functions
with the translated output? (I would of course gladly make it
available to the list)

I know my question will sound like an heresy to the vast majority of
statisticians and I agree it is a waste of statistician time to do
translations, but it is due to work related constraints (and I fear
the "anti-americanisme primaire" encountered in some european
countries)

--
Anne