[R] translating output ( latex()....)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 16:31:56 CEST 2005

R has since 2.1.0 had all the facilities one needs to mark up output for
automated translation.  However, we did _choose_ not to do it.  One issue
is layout: your French label is over twice as long as the English one.
Another is that it is hard to translate single words like this out of
context.

You could produce your own versions of the appropriate print() methods,
probably most appropriately via a package.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk