[R] staying with R, jobs in R

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Aug 29 18:13:55 CEST 2005

Weiwei:

Job searches are difficult! One obvious answer is Amstat news and the ASA
job site, but there may be many not posted in these places. Most large
Pharmas (Pfizer, GSK, Merck, etc.) have (relatively small) pre-/non-
clinical research groups, so you might check on their websites for open
positions (I believe Merck may have some). Large industrial employers like
the auto companies, GE, DuPont, etc. often have a few openings in their
quality or research organizations, but again they are scattered all over and
may be hard to find. Check their individual web sites again.

If you have some signficant work experience already, you might try working
with a head hunter, as many jobs are never advertised.

As I said, it's hard .. and harder than it used to be as engineering/science
type jobs are drying up for statisticians.

-- Bert