[R] Generation of missiing values in a time serie...

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:31:53 CET 2005

First we generate some sample data x and its times tt.
Then using the zoo package we create an irregularly
spaced time series.  Now if you want a regularly spaced
time series convert it to ts class.  After loading zoo as
shown below, the R command vignette("zoo") gives more info.

x <- 1:4
tt <- c(1, 3, 4, 6)

library(zoo)
x.zoo <- zoo(x, tt) # irregularly spaced time series
x.ts <- as.ts(x.zoo) # regular time series with NAs