[R] Plot problems: xlim

P Ehlers ehlers at math.ucalgary.ca
Fri Dec 23 16:35:38 CET 2005

While I appreciate the availability of axis.break, I agree with Hadley
in this case. I would provide two plots, with and without the special
point. Or just the density plot and some numbers. Broken axes require
interpretation which is often easier to do using numbers, e.g. the
mean or range (exclusive of x.special) and x.special. Sometimes
simple numbers really do provide a better 'picture'.

Peter Ehlers