[R] FW: R and read.irts

Mark Leeds Mleeds at kellogggroup.com
Thu Dec 29 00:42:02 CET 2005

I have never worked with R before so I am
sorry if this is a bad question but I've
tried and tried ( all day ) and I can't figure this
problem out. I have the code below and I included the
data file as an attachment.

The code works in term of reading in the data
correctly but when the graph gets
created, the xaxis is really strangely/incorrectly
labelled. I have been trying
to understand this Posixct stuff in R but
I think this is where my knowledge is lacking and is maybe causing the
problem ?
Thank you very much.

I am using R in windows but through cygwin if that matters
but I doubt it does. Thanks again.

                                  Mark

---------------------------------

postscript(file="burp.ps")

library(quadprog)
library(zoo)
library(tseries)

temp<-read.irts('~/ml/research/data/highfreq.dat',format="%H:%M:%S",tz="
GMT",sep=",",header=FALSE,row.names=NULL,
col.names=c("transdate","transprice","transamount"))

temp

plot(temp,type="l",xlab="Time",ylab=NULL,main=NULL,ylim=NULL)

are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.  This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change without notice.