[R] Memory Cap

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Feb 3 15:55:47 CET 2005

If I'm not mistaken, you are dealing with a total of:

> 414180 * 1515 * 4 / 1024^2
[1] 2393.657

or close to 2.4GB, for a single copy of the (combined) array.  Unless you're
on a 64-bit OS running on hardware with sufficient physical RAM, that's not
likely to work so well.

Also, I believe you should close() the connections before rm() them.

Andy