[R] Problem with "R CMD Rd2dvi": Rd.sty not found

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 16 09:02:37 CET 2005

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:44:51 +0000 (UTC), Gabor Grothendieck
> <ggrothendieck at myway.com> wrote :
>

>>I tried playing around with MiKTeX and got some advice on the TeX
>>list and now am using this config.  This example assumes you have

Using the menu or using texhash from the command line worked for ages. I
wonder they have not told you to read the docs.
I don't understand what is that new in using style files with (MiK)TeX.
The only thing that has changed with MiKTeX using eTeX the env-var/path
stuff.

>>put your localtexmf file in \localtexmf and are running
>>R 2.0.1 from \Program Files\R\rw2001; otherwise, make the obvious
>>changes.
>

> Thanks, I'll put this on the web page (with the corrections from your
>
> It's probably the best solution for most users, but it doesn't work
> for me:  I need to have more than one R version on my machine at the
> same time (I currently have R 2.0.1, R-patched, and R-devel; usually I
> have a few old ones too, but I'm working on a laptop with limited
> space.)  This solution assumes you have only one version installed.
>
> I don't know what people developing LaTeX styles do:  presumably
> they'd have multiple versions of the style online, testable in
> multiple versions of LaTeX.

Put them in separate local directories?

Uwe Ligges