[R] Problem with "R CMD Rd2dvi": Rd.sty not found

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Feb 15 21:24:46 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:44:51 +0000 (UTC), Gabor Grothendieck
<ggrothendieck at myway.com> wrote :

>I tried playing around with MiKTeX and got some advice on the TeX
>list and now am using this config.  This example assumes you have
>put your localtexmf file in \localtexmf and are running
>R 2.0.1 from \Program Files\R\rw2001; otherwise, make the obvious
>changes.

Thanks, I'll put this on the web page (with the corrections from your

It's probably the best solution for most users, but it doesn't work
for me:  I need to have more than one R version on my machine at the
same time (I currently have R 2.0.1, R-patched, and R-devel; usually I
have a few old ones too, but I'm working on a laptop with limited
space.)  This solution assumes you have only one version installed.

I don't know what people developing LaTeX styles do:  presumably
they'd have multiple versions of the style online, testable in
multiple versions of LaTeX.

Duncan Murdoch