[R] how to calculate density of multinormal distribution at a given point?

saverio vicario saverio.vicario at yale.edu
Wed Feb 23 03:05:57 CET 2005

Dear all,
I am trying to estimate the point density of a posterior distribution
(this to estimate a bayesian factor in aphylogenetic analysis ).  The
problem that I would like to look at several variable at the same
time. From a quick look several of the paramaters that interest me
are correlated  and I need to estimate the density altogether.
  I would be very interest to know a kernel density (like the function
"density") for multinomial distribution, but I would be equally happy
if somebody could tell how to estimate point density with a
multinormal distribution with known mean and covariance matrix
thanks
Saverio Vicario
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Yale University