[R] data.frame error message

Nic Ellis nhe101 at psu.edu
Wed Feb 23 03:32:11 CET 2005

Dear R users,

I am using v2.0.1 on Windows 2000.  I have read a ".dat" file with several
vectors, including 2 factors (2 levels x 3 levels), and a vector of
lm(y~x) the following error is returned:

Error in model.frame(formula, rownames,...extranames: variable lengths differ

What am I doing wrong?  I am a new R user, and I didn't figure it out from
the sections on data.frames in Dalgaard, Venable/Ripley, or simpleR, or the
help threads.

Thanks-

Nic Ellis
Penn State