[R] How to filter information from a table into a new table

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Thu Jan 20 02:06:58 CET 2005

temp <- table(rpois(100,5),rpois(100,1))
temp
temp[temp[,1] > 1,]
temp[temp[,1] == 1,]
temp[temp[,1] == 2,]
temp[temp[,1] == 3,]

Of course you have not made it obvious if you are using the term table to mean any output that looks like a table, but in general terms you will find information in the documentation that comes with R, such as "An Introduction to R."

In your case

anything.you.like <- T[T[,1] == 1,]

Tom