[R] Manova and contrasts

T.A.Wassenaar T.A.Wassenaar at rug.nl
Tue Jan 25 13:53:12 CET 2005

Hi,

In the archive I found a function for testing contrasts
after manova, based on solving 'LBM=K'. There are a few
questions on my mind:

1. A contrast between levels A and B of a certain factor
with levels ABC is given as (0 -1 0) because the
parameters for the intercept are fixed to zero in R. A
contrast between B and C would then be (0 1 -1) right?

2. How would I go about if I want to determine which
variate is causing rejection of the null hypothesis?

3. Is it also possible to construct confidence intervals
for these contrasts?

Alternatively,

Does anyone by chance know whether it is possible to do
multiple comparisons on multivariate data with the
multcomp package? There seems to be an indication that it
is possible, but I haven't been able to get it going.

Many thanks!

Tsjerk