[R] binomia data and mixed model

deanm deanm at maildrop.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Jan 28 00:25:21 CET 2005

Hi,
I am a first user of R.

I was hoping I could get some help on some data I need to analyze.

The experimental design is a complete randomized design with 2 factors (Source
material and Depth). The experimental design was suppose to consist of 4
treatments replicated 3 time, Source 1 and applied at 10 cm and source 2
applied at 20 cm. During the construction of the treatmetns the depths vary
considerably so i can't test all my samples based on 10 and 20 cm any more the
depths are now considered random and not fixed. Each treatment was sampled for
depth and total density of plants with 3 transects with 28 quadrats per
transect. The data is very non-normal (lots of zeros) therefore the only way
to analyze it is to convert to binomial data. Does any one know what type of
analysis I should use? I was told that a NLmixed model would work but also a
GLIM mixed model was appropriate. Is there any info using these in R.

Dean D. MacKenzie
Master's of Science Candidate. A.Ag
Department of Renewable Resources
Rm 723 GSB