[R] Forecasting with macroeconomic structural equations models?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jun 9 13:33:50 CEST 2005

Dear Ronaldo,

As you discovered, there are no predict methods in the sem package, either
for tsls or sem objects. You might have a look at the systemfit package,
which does support predict().

More generally, you should be able to substitute out identities and base
predictions on the reduced form of the model. To do so, you'll need
forecasts for the exogenous variables in the system.

I hope that this helps,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology