[R] Rpy and RSPython

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jun 10 13:04:55 CEST 2005

[Weiwei Shi]

> I am thinking to use one of them but not sure which one is better. I
> think Rpy cannot call python from R while the PRPython can in
> two-directional calling.  Am I right?

s/PRPython/RSPython/ ? :-)

This is also what I understood.  Yet, despite the uni-directionality of
RPy, this is what I chose for my personal usage (probably more handy to
use, or easy to install -- but the main point was that RPy guaranteed
to be more stable and never crash!).  I think I recently read somewhere
that they were plans for undusting RSPython, and then said to myself:
"Should re-evaluate once done.".

Surely that for now, RPy is quite sufficient for my simple needs.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca