[R] Rpy and RSPython

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 18:25:59 CEST 2005

Hi,
I tried to install RSPython, here is my problem:
I load the env variables correctly as below:
#------------------------------
# R section
#------------------------------
R_HOME=/usr/lib/R
PYTHONPATH=${R_HOME}/library/RSPython/Python:${R_HOME}/library/RSPython/libs
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:${R_HOME}/bin

export R_HOME PYTHONPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

When I run python and do:
import RS

here is the error:
ImportError: /usr/lib/R/library/RSPython/libs/RSInternal.so: undefined
symbol: R_GlobalEnv

I googled and found I did not have $R_HOME/bin/libR.so since I
installed R from binary package.

My question is, should I have to re-install R from source? ( I think I
have to, but want to make sure here :)

When I tried to re-install R by following R installation and Admin
intro, and I run
./configure --enable-R-shlib
I got the following error:
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available
I don't know why.

from R,
version

platform i686-redhat-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    2
minor    1.0
year     2005
month    04
day      18
language R

My third question:
can Rpy save this trouble? In my understanding, Rpy needs that libR.so
too. Am I right?

Many thanks for people using python and R.

weiwei

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D

"Did you always know?"