[R] write a library under 2.0.1 version

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Mar 1 17:14:06 CET 2005

marta at statistica.it wrote:

> Hi there,
> I had written a library

You are talking about a *package*, I guess.

> under R 1.9.0 and now I would like to import that
> library under R 2.0.1

You have to (re-)install it from the sources.

> Apparently it does not work; I can install the package, but when I try to
> read it the error is the following:
>
> Error in library(compvar) : 'compvar' is not a valid package -- installed
> < 2.0.0
 >
> I have checked other libraries in R 2.0.1 and I noticed that there is a
> new folders (Meta) that were not present under R 1.9.1 as well as a file
> (MD5). Moreover, under R folders there are files with .rdx and .rdb
> extensions that were not present before.

Right, lazy loading database.

> I was wondering how I can built these files for the library to be
> importable under 2.0.1 version.

I guess you are under Windows?
Please read the R FAQ, the R for Windows FAQ, the manual "Writing R
Extensions" and also ?INSTALL. All of them mention how to install from
the package's sources.

Uwe Ligges