[R] repost my question of cda in case

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Mar 1 18:50:49 CET 2005

      For linear discriminate analysis with only 2 classes, you get one
new variable, that being a straight line between the means of the two
groups.

      With 3 classes, the 3 points determine a plane defined by 2 lines
or "new functions" = linear combinations of the original variables.
However, if the distinctions are not statistically significant, you will
get less than 2.

      hope this helps.
      spencer graves