[R] Data in an object = Existing Objects??

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Tue Mar 1 21:07:46 CET 2005

 <achilleas.psomas <at> wsl.ch> writes:

:
: Dear R-help...
:
: I am rather new so I would appreciate your help..
: My question if the following..
:
: I have generated (with R) a data frame DF looking like this..
:
: > print(DF)
:        X1      X2
: 2   C_05_04 C_05_11
: 3   C_05_04 C_05_17
: 4   C_05_04 C_06_08
: 5   C_05_04 C_06_29
: 6   C_05_04 C_07_16
:
: Where "C_05_04"....and all the rest data are objects-names already calculated
: and existing in my R workspace...
: What i tried to do (and i doesnt work) is the following
: e.g
:
: x1 <- DF[1,1]
:   C_05_04
:
: (Where C_05_04 exists as an object in the workspace )
: and then try to apply any kind of function using this x1
: Is there a way to specify that x1 should be concidered as an object and not
just
: as data ?
:
: I hope i have explained clearly enough my question..

I think your setup is clear enough but perhaps you could
give some more background on your application since there
might be a better data structure in the first place.