[R] .ps and .pdf page size differences in FC vs. Debian

Clint Harshaw charshaw at presby.edu
Wed Mar 2 19:39:29 CET 2005

Clint Harshaw wrote:

 > R version: 2.0.0
 > OS: Fedora Core 1

[...]

 > How do I set (in Fedora Core 1) the paper size for R to US letter, so
I can run my commands R <baseballsalary.R >output --vanilla -q from the
terminal?

About 15 minutes after I sent this question in to the list, I found some
help at this url:

http://www.ku.edu/~pauljohn/R/Rtips.html#5.4

So I tried including options(pagesize="letter") and the result properly
fit on US Letter paper.

But I would still like to learn how to set a configuration parameter for
R, so that R code I write will behave the same regardless of my running
it on my Debian box or my FC1 box.

Thanks,
Clint

Clint Harshaw, PhD   		Email: charshaw at presby.edu
Department of Mathematics	Ph: 864.833.8995
Presbyterian College		Fax: 864.938.3769
Clinton, SC USA  29325		Harrington-Peachtree Rm 412