[R] Interval censoring in Survival analysis

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 10 17:01:57 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, AMOROS NAVARRO, ALEX wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if R programme allows doing different kinds of
> censoring in his last version. What kind of package should I use and is
> this censoring applicable to parametric and semi-parametric(Cox) models?

To some extent.

The "survival" package allows left censoring and interval censoring, but
only for parametric models.  The Icens package estimates survival curves
for interval censored data (including multivariate times), but does not do
regression.

I am not aware of any package that allows semiparametric regression
modelling of interval censored or doubly censored data.

 	-thomas